Friday, January 22, 2010

Come-Hither


to her lover in the sea. her heart is what she wants to give.

Title: Come Hither

" Come Hither" she calls to her lover in the sea. Her heart she is waiting to give to thee.

This is an original folk art painting, done by me, Kali. It measures 8 X 10 and was made with acrylics, water colors, and ink. Tiny pieces of vintage papers have been collaged into the piece. "Come Hither" was completed with a crackle glaze. The small clay hand that the mermaid is holding out to her lover ( also handmade by me) is holding a tiny sterling silver heart.


Just in time for Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi your dolls are beautiful.
    I enjoyed you blog too.

    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh i've only just seen this, she is wonderful, I love the hand coming right out that is fantastic! I also love the glossyness of this too, I often wonder about making some glossy paintings myself.
    Micki x

    ReplyDelete