Saturday, May 2, 2009

Less vulnerable today...

Do you know how helpless you feel if you have a full cup of coffee in your hand and you start to sneeze? 

i love this quote because it's so me. i always want to be sure, and safe. it's very hard for me to live in the moment. i never think the cup is half full, let alone really full. on the off chance that i do, i still find something to worry about (like sneezing). 

therefore, the decision to start selling my art has been a very scary one for me. will anyone like it? will anyone buy it? oh god they're all going to laugh at me. 

i'm forcing myself to live out loud. to be vulnerable and free. the feeling that i get when i create a piece of art is sooo sweet, that i can't help myself.

i am currently selling my art on etsy and have pictures posted on flickr.

4 comments:

  1. good luck with your decision. I have been selling off and on for the last five years. It has given me a goal and the possibility to achieve my dream of being a working artist. I'm not quite there yet, but I am moving towards the goal all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is beautiful, adorable. You will be a hit. Keep marketing yourself and people will flock to you.
    Sending you positive thoughts for much success,
    A fellow blogger and scaredy cat too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the kind words. I won't give up. I think I can..I think I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i congratulate you for putting yourself out there! your work is beautiful.
    I want to start selling my artwork also - I just don't know where to start - I don't know how to pick an idea and run with it. i wish youthe best!

    ReplyDelete